CPU Micro-architect/RTL Designer
Santa Clara, CA — Full-time
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a CPU Micro-architecture and RTL Design Engineer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
We are hiring talented engineers for CPU RTL development targeted for high performance, low power devices. As a CPU Micro-architecture and RTL Design Engineer, you will work with chip architects to conceive of the micro-architecture, and also help with architecture/product definition through early involvement in the product life-cycle.Apply for this job
- BS degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of CPU RTL experience
- Thorough knowledge of microprocessor architecture including expertise in one or more of the following areas: instruction fetch and decode, branch prediction, instruction scheduling and register renaming, out-of-order execution, integer and floating point execution, load/store execution, prefetching, cache and memory subsystems
- Knowledge of Verilog and/or VHDL. Experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications
- MS degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of practical experience
- Understanding of low power microarchitecture techniques
- Understanding of high performance techniques and trade-offs in a CPU microarchitecture
- Experience using a scripting language such as Perl or Python
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performance exploration. Explore high performance strategies working with the CPU modeling team.
- Microarchitecture development and specification. From early high-level architectural exploration, through micro architectural research and arriving at a detailed specification.
- RTL ownership. Development, assessment and refinement of RTL design to target power, performance, area and timing goals.
- Functional verification support. Help the design verification team execute on the functional verification strategy.
- Performance verification support. Help verify that the RTL design meets the performance goals.
- Design delivery. Work with multi-functional engineering team to implement and validate physical design on the aspects of timing, area, reliability, testability and power.
To all recruitment agencies:
NUVIA Inc does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NUVIA Inc employees or any other company location. NUVIA Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.