SW - Secure Processor Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA — Full-time
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a Secure Processor Software Engineer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a Secure Processor Software Engineer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of a security processor for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate internally to help define the overall platform and to implement embedded firmware, and secure boot ROM code for the secure processor as well as interfaces and runtime services provided by the secure processor that are necessary for implementing secure services made available to other embedded platform management controllers.
You will also have an opportunity to participate in certain open source communities working on various Operating Systems such as Zephyr, FreeRTOS, and Linux.Apply for this job
- BS / MS in an engineering discipline (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in microcontroller and embedded systems development
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings technical leadership
- Familiarity with cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Experience in writing secure boot ROM code for microcontrollers and application class processors based on 32-bit and 64-bit Arm Architectures.
- Experience in implementing (and perhaps developing) server specifications and interfacing requirements between embedded controllers and application cores
- Experience defining low-level APIs between embedded controllers and platform
- Experience of open source development, especially in porting embedded OSes such as Linux, Zephyr, FreeRTOS, or Fuchsia, and their associated bootloaders
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of future server class SoCs and platforms
- Lead the creation of secure boot ROM code for embedded secure processors
- Lead the development of interfaces and reference implementations for liaising between services running on the secure processor and other platform controllers
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and in hiring engineers, collaborating with other teams on platform bring-up/debug/diags, firmware lifecycle, etc.
To all recruitment agencies:
NUVIA Inc does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NUVIA Inc employees or any other company location. NUVIA Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.