SW - Platform Firmware Developer: Power and Performance
Santa Clara, CA — Full-time
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a Platform Firmware Developer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a Platform Firmware Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of a management controller complex for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate internally to help define the platform and to implement embedded firmware. In the Power and Performance role you will focus on developing firmware to monitor and control power, thermal and performance states across the system. You will have an opportunity to collaborate extensively with our hardware and platform architects on the design. You will also have an opportunity to participate in certain open source communities working on embedded OSes such as Zephyr, FreeRTOS, etc.Apply for this job
- BS/BEng in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in embedded firmware development
- Proficient writing and debugging C and assembly
- Driver development experience in RTOS or OS Kernel environments
- Experiencing designing SoC power, performance and thermal management techniques including voltage and frequency scaling
- Experience developing for pre-silicon environments including simulators and FPGA emulation
- Experience interfacing with Power Management ICs for initialization, DVFS, and monitoring
- Understanding of server-class RAS features and event management
- Experience defining interprocessor communication interfaces between embedded controllers and the platform
- Familiarity with open source development, especially for embedded OSes such as Zephyr eCos, uC/OS or FreeRTOS
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of future server-class SoCs and platforms
- Drive the firmware design, implementation and verification of the power and performance management subsystems across the project timeline
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and in hiring engineers, collaborating with other teams on platform bring-up/debug/diags, firmware lifecycle, etc.
To all recruitment agencies:
NUVIA Inc does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NUVIA Inc employees or any other company location. NUVIA Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.