SW - Platform Firmware Developer
Austin, TX — Full-time
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a Platform Firmware Developer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a Platform Firmware Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of a management controller complex for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate internally to help define the platform and to implement embedded firmware, including various aspects of platform and power management, boot, RAS, security and runtime services provided to application processors. You will be working closely both with the hardware power management and firmware development teams. You will have an opportunity to engage with third parties on enablement of new platforms, as well as providing input to our SoC and platform architects on future designs. You will also have an opportunity to participate in certain open source communities working on embedded OSes such as Zephyr, FreeRTOS, etc.Apply for this job
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in embedded firmware development
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings technical leadership
- Proficient writing and debugging C and assembly
- Driver development experience in RTOS or OS Kernel environments
- Experience with SoC boot including DDR and PHY initialization
- Familiarity with SoC power, performance and thermal management techniques
- Experience developing for pre-silicon environments including simulators and FPGA emulation
- Understanding of server-class RAS features and event management
- Experience in implementing (and perhaps contributing to) server specifications
- Experience defining interprocessor communication interfaces between embedded controllers and the platform
- Experience interfacing with Power Management ICs for initialization, DVFS, and monitoring
- Familiarity with open source development, especially for embedded OSes such as Zephyr, FreeRTOS, or Fuchsia
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of future server-class SoCs and platforms
- Lead the creation of a management controller solution for a server-class platform
- Drive the firmware design, implementation and verification of one or more platform management subsystems across the project timeline
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and in hiring engineers, collaborating with other teams on platform bring-up/debug/diags, firmware lifecycle, etc.
To all recruitment agencies:
NUVIA Inc does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NUVIA Inc employees or any other company location. NUVIA Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.