CPU Performance Architect
Austin, TX — Full-time
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a CPU Architecture and Modeling Engineer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
Our CPU Performance Architecture group designs high performance, low power CPUs. As a CPU Performance Architect Engineer, you will contribute ideas for advanced CPU performance features, explore them in detail, model them, and work with the design team in productizing them. We are looking for an experienced engineer for CPU performance modeling and exploration.Apply for this job
- BS degree in Computer Architecture with 5+ years of CPU experience
- Strong CPU architecture knowledge and micro-architecture knowledge
- Experience working in a performance modeling environment
- Proficient in C and C++ and scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- MS degree in Computer Architecture with 10+ years of practical experience
- Ability to problem solve and prove your own ideas
- Knowledge and experience with common performance benchmarks and workloads
- Knowledge of OS internals and compiler technology a plus
- Proficiency in one or more areas of CPU architecture: fetch, decode, branch prediction, renaming, execute units, SIMD, load/store, MMU, caches, retire, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with CPU Performance Architecture and RTL team members to identify opportunities for product improvement
- Analyze workloads to identify performance bottlenecks and opportunities
- Perform self-guided performance simulation studies of design alternatives
- Write and maintain features and sections of the CPU architectural performance model
- Work with RTL and design team to assess implementation cost for new features
- Verify the performance model correlates with the RTL, which may involve writing verification plans, writing directed tests, and writing checkers
- Collaborate with performance team to maintain and improve the simulation environment for increased productivity
To all recruitment agencies:
NUVIA Inc does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NUVIA Inc employees or any other company location. NUVIA Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.