SW - OpenBMC Developer
Toronto, Canada — Full-time
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as an OpenBMC Developer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a OpenBMC Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of OpenBMC for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate both internally, and externally with upstream communities (including the Linux and commercial OS ecosystems, OpenBMC community, etc.), as well as appropriate standards bodies. You will have an opportunity to engage broadly with our customers and third parties on enablement of new platforms, as well as providing input to our SoC and platform architects on future designs.Apply for this job
- BS / MS in an engineering discipline (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in Linux development for embedded and/or server systems
- Proficient programmer with experience in OpenEmbedded based build systems
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings technical leadership
- Good understanding of distributed revision control systems
- Strong grasp of server platform concepts and design features/constraints
- Experience in working “upstream first” contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience in developing to, or even contributing to, server specifications
- Low-level knowledge of communication buses, for example: i2c, Ethernet, PCIe
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of future server class SoCs and platforms
- Lead the creation of an OpenBMC solution for a future server-class platform
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and in hiring engineers, collaborating with other teams on bring-up/debug/diags, firmware lifecycle, etc.
To all recruitment agencies:
NUVIA Inc does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NUVIA Inc employees or any other company location. NUVIA Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.