SW - Data Center Software Architect
Santa Clara, CA — Full-time
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a Data Center Software Architect. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As Data Center Software Architect, you are responsible for unifying our software development teams through technical direction. In external engagements, you will be leading our software engagements with customers and partners. You will define software architecture and requirements for data center solutions, engage in customer programs, assist in building an ecosystem partnership program, and help build our world class engineering team. You will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver the highest quality and feature robust software solutions. You will have an opportunity to engage broadly with our customers and third parties on enablement of new platforms, and optimizations in our microarchitecture.Apply for this job
- BS / MS in an engineering discipline (or equivalent professional experience) with 10 years experience working with server ecosystems, open source, etc.
- Highly proficient in computer architecture concepts such as data coherency, PCIe, NVDIMM, virtualization and ARM based servers
- Work experience in delivering high performance server class compute architectures and platforms
- Experience in collaborating with customers and enabling platform design
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings collaborative technical leadership
- 10 years+ of experience in building software stacks for server class platforms
- Experience in working “upstream first” with the Linux kernel community
- Deep knowledge of server platform specifications such as SBSA, SBBR, PCIe, UEFI, ACPI and TPM
- Strong grasp of the Arm ServerReady compliance program
- Good knowledge and experience with ODP reference model
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the definition of future server class SoCs and platforms and collaborate with silicon designers and software teams on features for compatibility, power, performance and scalability
- Engage with key customers on data center programs and partnerships
- Drive the software enablement of platforms through the open source community
- Assist in definition and participate in the development of an ecosystem partnership program with major industry partners
- Establish engagements within the Open Source community, and ultimately build an “upstream first” Open Source developer program that builds our reputation for understanding the community and doing things “the right way” from day one
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and further enhancing our team
To all recruitment agencies:
NUVIA Inc does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NUVIA Inc employees or any other company location. NUVIA Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.