Physical Design Timing Engineer
Santa Clara, CA — Full-time
Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a Physical Design Engineer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a Physical Design Timing Engineer, you will work with microarchitecture, RTL design, CAD, block level and top level physical design teams to run, analyze timing and drive timing closure.Apply for this job
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of practical experience
- Experience in STA and timing closure of high-performance SOC designs in sub-micron technologies.
- Knowledge of all aspects of timing including noise, cross-talk and others.
- Knowledge of basic SoC architecture and HDL languages like Verilog.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering; 10 years of practical experience
- Experience in timing flows with industry standard tools.
- Experience in all aspects of timing closure for multi-clock domain designs.
- Experience in deep submicron process technology nodes is strongly preferred.
- Experience with STA on large SOC with multi-scenario timing closure.
- Experience with Timing ECO techniques and implementation.
- Knowledge of library cells and optimizations.
- Familiar with circuit modeling, transistor fundamentals and worst case corner selection.
- Solid understanding industry standard tools for synthesis, place & route and tapeout flows.
- Good communication skills to work with different teams to accurately describe issues and follow them through for completion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with design and DFT teams to understand, implement and validate constraints.
- Run SOC timing runs at all hierarchies
- Analyze timing and work with RTL/DFT teams to facilitate logic changes required.
- Feedback to block level and top level physical design engineers on key fixes required for timing closure.
- Work with CAD team to implement timing infrastructure.
- Create ECOs from timing runs to help timing closure.
- Document and help with timing methodology definition.
To all recruitment agencies:
NUVIA Inc does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NUVIA Inc employees or any other company location. NUVIA Inc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.